By Edward Grant
Read or Download A History of Natural Philosophy: From the Ancient World to the Nineteenth Century PDF
Similar history of technology & engineering books
In Telegraph Messenger Boys Gregory J. Downey presents a completely new viewpoint at the telegraph method: a communications community that revolutionized human perceptions of time and house. The booklet is going past the arrival of the telegraphy and tells a broader tale of human interplay with know-how and the social and cultural alterations it led to.
The previous a hundred years of accelerator-based study have led the sphere from first insights into the constitution of atoms to the advance and affirmation of the traditional version of physics. Accelerators were a key device in constructing our knowing of the straightforward debris and the forces that govern their interactions.
The Tunnel lower than the Lake recounts the gripping tale of ways the younger urban of Chicago, below the management of an audacious engineer named Ellis Chesbrough, built a two-mile tunnel less than Lake Michigan looking for fresh water. regardless of Chicago's situation beside the world’s biggest resource of unpolluted water, its low elevation on the finish of Lake Michigan supplied no normal approach to sporting away waste.
Within the Nineteen Eighties, there has been a revolution with far-reaching outcomes -- a revolution to revive software program freedom. within the early Nineteen Eighties, after many years of constructing resource code to be had with courses, such a lot programmers ceased sharing code freely. A band of revolutionaries, self-described "hackers," challenged this new norm through development working platforms with resource code that may be freely shared.
- Dreamscapes of Modernity: Sociotechnical Imaginaries and the Fabrication of Power
- Pursuing Power and Light (Johns Hopkins Introductory Studies in the History of Science)
- Energiya-Buran: The Soviet Space Shuttle (Springer Praxis Books)
- Robotic Exploration of the Solar System: Part 2: Hiatus and Renewal, 1983-1996 (Springer Praxis Books)
Extra resources for A History of Natural Philosophy: From the Ancient World to the Nineteenth Century
A History of Natural Philosophy: From the Ancient World to the Nineteenth Century by Edward Grant
- New PDF release: Televisionaries: Inside the Chaos and Innovation of the
- The Draining of the Fens (Johns Hopkins Studies in the - download pdf or read online