By Kate Eichhorn
Read or Download Adjusted Margin: Xerography, Art, and Activism in the Late Twentieth Century (MIT Press) PDF
Similar history of technology & engineering books
In Telegraph Messenger Boys Gregory J. Downey presents a completely new point of view at the telegraph method: a communications community that revolutionized human perceptions of time and house. The booklet is going past the arrival of the telegraphy and tells a broader tale of human interplay with expertise and the social and cultural adjustments it caused.
The prior a hundred years of accelerator-based examine have led the sector from first insights into the constitution of atoms to the advance and affirmation of the normal version of physics. Accelerators were a key software in constructing our knowing of the simple debris and the forces that govern their interactions.
The Tunnel below the Lake recounts the gripping tale of ways the younger urban of Chicago, lower than the management of an audacious engineer named Ellis Chesbrough, built a two-mile tunnel lower than Lake Michigan looking for fresh water. regardless of Chicago's position beside the world’s greatest resource of clean water, its low elevation on the finish of Lake Michigan supplied no ordinary approach to wearing away waste.
Within the Eighties, there has been a revolution with far-reaching outcomes -- a revolution to revive software program freedom. within the early Nineteen Eighties, after a long time of constructing resource code on hand with courses, such a lot programmers ceased sharing code freely. A band of revolutionaries, self-described "hackers," challenged this new norm by means of construction working structures with resource code which may be freely shared.
- Power to People: The Inside Story of AES and the Globalization of Electricity
- Hollywood Lighting from the Silent Era to Film Noir (Film and Culture Series)
- Highway under the Hudson: A History of the Holland Tunnel
- Chariots for Apollo: The NASA History of Manned Lunar Spacecraft to 1969 (Dover Books on Astronomy)
Additional info for Adjusted Margin: Xerography, Art, and Activism in the Late Twentieth Century (MIT Press)
Adjusted Margin: Xerography, Art, and Activism in the Late Twentieth Century (MIT Press) by Kate Eichhorn
- Download e-book for kindle: Technology: A World History (New Oxford World History) by Daniel R. Headrick
- Invented by Law: Alexander Graham Bell and the Patent That by Christopher Beauchamp PDF