By Matthew H. Hersch
Read Online or Download Inventing the American Astronaut (Palgrave Studies in the History of Science and Technology) PDF
Best history of technology & engineering books
In Telegraph Messenger Boys Gregory J. Downey offers a completely new viewpoint at the telegraph procedure: a communications community that revolutionized human perceptions of time and area. The ebook is going past the appearance of the telegraphy and tells a broader tale of human interplay with expertise and the social and cultural alterations it caused.
The prior a hundred years of accelerator-based study have led the sector from first insights into the constitution of atoms to the advance and affirmation of the traditional version of physics. Accelerators were a key instrument in constructing our figuring out of the uncomplicated debris and the forces that govern their interactions.
The Tunnel lower than the Lake recounts the gripping tale of ways the younger urban of Chicago, lower than the management of an audacious engineer named Ellis Chesbrough, developed a two-mile tunnel lower than Lake Michigan looking for fresh water. regardless of Chicago's place beside the world’s greatest resource of clean water, its low elevation on the finish of Lake Michigan supplied no typical approach to sporting away waste.
Within the Nineteen Eighties, there has been a revolution with far-reaching results -- a revolution to revive software program freedom. within the early Nineteen Eighties, after many years of creating resource code on hand with courses, such a lot programmers ceased sharing code freely. A band of revolutionaries, self-described "hackers," challenged this new norm by way of development working platforms with resource code that may be freely shared.
- Gusto for Things: A History of Objects in Seventeenth-Century Rome
- Biometric State: The Global Politics of Identification and Surveillance in South Africa, 1850 to the Present
- Fascist Pigs: Technoscientific Organisms and the History of Fascism (Inside Technology)
- History of Technology Volume 25: v. 25
- Mapping the Four Corners: Narrating the Hayden Survey of 1875 (American Exploration and Travel Series)
Extra info for Inventing the American Astronaut (Palgrave Studies in the History of Science and Technology)
Inventing the American Astronaut (Palgrave Studies in the History of Science and Technology) by Matthew H. Hersch
- Download e-book for iPad: Ancient Water Technologies by L. Mays (Ed.),L. Mays
- Paper: Paging Through History by Mark Kurlansky PDF