By Ulrike Felt,Rayvon Fouché,Clark A. Miller,Laurel Smith-Doerr
Read or Download The Handbook of Science and Technology Studies (MIT Press) PDF
Similar history of technology & engineering books
Telegraph Messenger Boys: Labor, Communication and by Gregory J. Downey PDF
In Telegraph Messenger Boys Gregory J. Downey offers a completely new standpoint at the telegraph procedure: a communications community that revolutionized human perceptions of time and area. The publication is going past the appearance of the telegraphy and tells a broader tale of human interplay with expertise and the social and cultural alterations it led to.
Download PDF by Oliver Brüning,Stephen Myers: Challenges and Goals for Accelerators in the XXI Century
The prior a hundred years of accelerator-based examine have led the sector from first insights into the constitution of atoms to the advance and affirmation of the normal version of physics. Accelerators were a key instrument in constructing our figuring out of the ordinary debris and the forces that govern their interactions.
New PDF release: The Tunnel under the Lake: The Engineering Marvel That Saved
The Tunnel below the Lake recounts the gripping tale of the way the younger urban of Chicago, lower than the management of an audacious engineer named Ellis Chesbrough, developed a two-mile tunnel less than Lake Michigan looking for fresh water. regardless of Chicago's place beside the world’s greatest resource of unpolluted water, its low elevation on the finish of Lake Michigan supplied no typical approach to sporting away waste.
Download e-book for kindle: For Fun and Profit: A History of the Free and Open Source by Christopher Tozzi,Jonathan Zittrain
Within the Eighties, there has been a revolution with far-reaching outcomes -- a revolution to revive software program freedom. within the early Nineteen Eighties, after many years of creating resource code on hand with courses, such a lot programmers ceased sharing code freely. A band of revolutionaries, self-described "hackers," challenged this new norm by way of development working platforms with resource code that may be freely shared.
- Artificial Darkness: An Obscure History of Modern Art and Media
- Race Unmasked: Biology and Race in the Twentieth Century
- Down to Earth: Satellite Technologies, Industries, and Cultures (New Directions in International Studies)
- Colorado: Mapping the Centennial State through History: Rare and Unusual Maps from the Library of Congress (Mapping the States through History)
- The Engineering Book: From the Catapult to the Curiosity Rover, 250 Milestones in the History of Engineering (Sterling Milestones)
- American Technology Policy: Evolving Strategic Interests After the Cold War
Additional resources for The Handbook of Science and Technology Studies (MIT Press)
The Handbook of Science and Technology Studies (MIT Press) by Ulrike Felt,Rayvon Fouché,Clark A. Miller,Laurel Smith-Doerr
- New PDF release: Telegraph Messenger Boys: Labor, Communication and
- New PDF release: Televisionaries: Inside the Chaos and Innovation of the